Wine Australia supports a prosperous Australian grape and wine community by investing in research and development (R&D), marketing, disseminating knowledge, encouraging adoption and protecting the reputation of Australian wine.
The Research, Development and Adoption (RD&A) team works with wine sector representative organisations and research partners to support the long-term success of the Australian grape and wine community. The RD&A team directs and manages grape and wine R&D and facilitates the dissemination, adoption and commercialisation of the results.
Wine Australia is recruiting for an Agtech Program Manager to drive increasing viticultural efficiency, grape and wine quality and winery efficiency through agtech, robotics, machine learning and big data management, including producer-led agtech demonstration vineyards and wineries. The Program Manager will
- initiate and manage the agtech adoption module of the Wine Australia Regional Program
- be responsible for leading and managing the Regional Program, working with growers and winemakers to identify agtech RD&A issues and priorities
- contribute to the facilitation, direction and management of agtech-related dissemination, adoption and commercialisation program activities, and
- contribute to guiding agtech-related grape and wine R&D projects and their commercialisation.
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following:
- demonstrated knowledge of winemaking, grapegrowing, horticulture or the fermentation sector
- established networks in the Australian and/or international grape and wine community
- tertiary qualifications in viticulture, oenology, biochemistry, plant or soil sciences, food technology or related disciplines
- strategic thinking, able to identify and articulate clear insights for complex issues
- commercial mindset, sustaining focus on conflicting priorities and delivering business priorities on deadline
- proven ability to influence key stakeholders, establishing credibility and respect across groups, especially producers, especially grapegrowers and winemakers
- sound commercial and negotiation skills with industry and stakeholders including government and agtech companies, and
- the flexibility and resourcefulness to be a self-starter, taking initiative and being productive in working autonomously.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role at the forefront of technology for the Australian grape and wine sector. To enquire, please phone Sharon Moloney on 1300 380701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au.