Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it. With the vision for Australia to be recognised as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer, Wine Australia and its dynamic team play a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this through global marketing, managing research and development, and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. Wine Australia is the service body for the Australian grape and wine sector.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Wine Australia’s Marketing team in Sydney as a Digital Website Producer on a seven-month maternity cover contract.
You will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining new and existing website projects, working collaboratively with the Digital Manager to design and implement website solutions and undertake maintenance activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- scoping, creating, testing and maintaining Wine Australia’s websites and web applications.
- hands-on support for all website projects, events campaigns and other digital requirements, working collaboratively with the Digital Manager, digital agency and internal stakeholders.
- overseeing and assisting with page creation, content collection and content population, especially for all events and activities.
- assisting with front- and back-end testing of CMS updates initiatives.
- developing and maintaining paid Search Engine Marketing (SEM) campaigns to support key in-market activities and ensure high attendance at key consumer events.
- assisting with uploading and publishing media releases, bulletins, export reports, general page updates and website maintenance.
- collaborating and maintaining close relationships with cross-functional teams to maximize web content efforts and ensure alignment across channels and teams.
You will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science or relevant field and a minimum of five years experience in a similar role. You will have an in-depth understanding of digital marketing, CMS systems and website architecture, user experience, user testing, basic analytics reporting, paid SEM campaigns and have advanced project management skills to see website projects and campaigns through to fruition.
Other desirable skills and experience include:
- at least two years demonstratable experience in developing and managing big budget, specific SEM campaigns
- ideally a current Google Ads Certification
- being agile and have some knowledge of Scrum
- experience and advanced knowledge of web content management systems including template development, page publication, and internal enablement and education of non-technical business users
- experience and advanced knowledge of Google Docs / Spreadsheets and Smartsheet
- experience in managing paid SEM campaigns through the GDN as well as affiliated networks
- knowledge and experience of Photoshop and photo editing software
- basic experience and knowledge of Google and website Analytics including some experience with setting up goals and events
- experience with project management tools such as Trello or Base Camp
- the ability to understand and edit basic HTML
- understanding of the importance and basic principles of SEO and how to apply them
- excellent attention to detail with the ability to work well under pressure
- outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- enthusiasm to research and learn new things.
Ability to multitask is a must within our collaborative team structure and open work environment with varied noise and distraction levels. Key to this role is to maintain momentum while ensuring consistency in quality and format, consistent with the Wine Australia standards.
Please send your cover letter and resumé detailing your suitability for this role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.