Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it. With the vision for Australia to be recognized as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer, Wine Australia and its dynamic team play a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this through global marketing, managing research and development, and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. Wine Australia is the service body for the Australian grape and wine sector.
Wine Australia will continue investing in the US market as part of its Strategic Plan 2020–25. A key focus in this challenging market is to execute commercial programs that lift category visibility and deliver value to trade partners and stakeholders.
The Marketing Manager will play a key role in ensuring all of Wine Australia activities align to a commercially focused strategy and generate sales growth and awareness for premium Australian wine. The role also requires someone who actively pitches media articles that drive messaging and excitement in print, social and digital channels nationally.
Working collaboratively with the Regional General Manager (RGM) and the Business Development Manager (BDM), the Marketing Manager for the Americas will plan and drive consistent on-brand and on-message communications and best practice for events and other marketing campaigns across all channels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Build promotional programs that drive commercial results and positive messaging for Australian wine, working with the BDM to deliver programs on time and budget
- Identify opportunities to maximize commercial returns from programming investment
- Develop ideas for campaigns within market
- Write briefs for internal and external collaborators
- Maintain contact databases for Tier As and broader trade.
Communications and PR
- Ensure clarity of messages and positive media results for all activities
- Execute local PR and communications strategy, aligned with the global strategy and working closely with head office marketing team
- Develop media materials, including media releases, backgrounders, fact sheets and newsletters
- Manage interview requests and spokesperson briefings ahead of media opportunities
- Own and manage a key influencer database and proactively pitch stories about Wine Australia campaigns and Australian wine.
- Maintain a list of importers, distributors and winery contacts
- Maintain frequent communications to stakeholders as required
- Publish e-newsletters and category data on a timely basis
- Evaluate requests for sponsorship, wine donations etc.
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or public relations
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in a wine marketing, communications or public relations role
- Proven strength dealing with trade marketing processes, programs and teams
- Strong creative, strategic and analytical skills
- Strong media relationships with wine and food media
- An ability to build, develop and maintain contacts with key media and stakeholders
- An ability to develop strong briefs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a commitment to working with in cross-functional teams
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to develop a variety of targeted, engaging content and communications
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/events from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office range of products with additional experience working with databases, project management tools and other work management and digital platforms
- Experience developing and managing budgets.
Please send your cover letter and resumé detailing your suitability for this role by email to email@example.com.