Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it. With the vision for Australia to be recognised as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer, Wine Australia and its dynamic team play a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this through global marketing, managing research and development, and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. Wine Australia is the service body for the Australian grape and wine sector.
Reporting into the Marketing Project Manager, the Office Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the China Office and helping other team members with the successful delivery of marketing campaigns. This is a contract position for one year only.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day to day running of a small office;
- Performing a variety of administrative duties such as processing invoices, arranging payments upon request, organising outgoing mail/couriers, maintaining kitchen supplies, managing office equipment and staff (i.e. photocopier, cleaners);
- Booking flights and making travel arrangements for both internal staff and external stakeholders as required;
- Assisting the team in the preparation of events when directed i.e. supporting logistical and administrative work;
- Warmly greeting visitors and answering and directing phone calls;
- Managing the general email inbox and directing emails accordingly;
- Maintaining the wine stock spreadsheets and storage facility;
- Packing event kits and helping courier equipment to and from events;
- Database upkeep;
- Maintaining the office temp pool, posting advertisements when needed; and
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Marketing Project Managers
Capabilities and Behaviours
- Communication – ability to effectively share ideas, thoughts and information with a diverse range of stakeholders to develop two-way understanding.
- Process driven – attention to detail across projects and budgets
- Flexibility and Adaptability – open and responsive to appropriate change. Ability to manage and shift priorities as required and to incorporate new approaches in support of changing needs.
- Relationship building – ability to identify, build and maintain formal and informal networks and productive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer service focus – a desire to help or meet the needs of others.
- Teamwork – ability to work cooperatively across organisational boundaries to achieve shared goals.
- Business acumen – understanding of key business drivers for performance and use of sound business practices.
You will have:
- Three years’ experience in a similar position
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably business administration qualifications
- Strong administrative skills
- Accounts or finance skills, and IT skills is a plus
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- High level user of Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (English and Mandarin)
- Friendly attitude and customer service oriented
- Motivated with a can-do attitude and willing to learn
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enthusiasm, high energy levels and a good sense of humour
For further information about Wine Australia please visit our website: www.wineaustralia.com. Please send your resumé detailing your suitability for this role by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.