- Commercially focussed R&D
Wine Australia supports a prosperous Australian grape and wine community by investing in research and development, marketing, disseminating knowledge, encouraging adoption and protecting the reputation of Australian wine.
The Research, Development and Extension (RD&E) team works with representative organisations, wine sector bodies and research partners to support the long-term success of the Australian wine and grape community. The RD&E team directs and manages grape and wine R&D and facilitates the dissemination, adoption and commercialisation of the results.
The Senior R&D Program Manager is responsible for research that builds Australian grape and wine excellence and improves vineyard performance. The role acts as coordinator and manager of R&D, a knowledge broker between researchers and the end users.
With 30 current programs and others in the pipeline, key responsibilities include:
- Program management - actively monitoring and managing R&D programs of projects (and supporting contracts) to ensure delivery against project milestones, KPIs and approved budgets, and alignment with the Strategic Plan
- Stakeholder engagement - effectively managing key stakeholder relationships, including researchers and industry, securing significant cash and in-kind co-investment from industry and government stakeholders, and pursuing new funding opportunities for the organisation
- Strategic input – providing input and quality written communication, including accurate reports to meet Government guidelines and Board expectations
- High achievement team culture – strong leadership in establishing positive, effective relationships within the team, enabling effective information sharing and capability building
We are keen to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications in viticulture, plant sciences, agriculture or a related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in managing or undertaking research projects in viticulture or a related field, including international linkages, and in either academic or commercial settings
- Knowledge of the grape growing, horticulture or wine production sector
- Commercial mindset, ideally including practical experience gained with a commercial grape or wine producer
- Strategic thinking with an ability to identify and articulate clear insights for complex issues
- The ability to sustain focus on conflicting priorities and deliver business priorities according to agreed deadlines
- A flexible and resourceful self-starter approach in taking initiative as appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills and a collegial work style, enjoying working as part of a team
This is a key role for Wine Australia and Australia’s viticultural industry, brought about by the retirement of the incumbent. Working with a great team based in Adelaide, the role provides a tremendous opportunity to make a solid contribution to the continuing success and growth of our wine industry. To enquire please phone Sharon Moloney on 1300 380701 or apply via www.rimfireresources.com.au