Making a Freedom of Information (FOI) request
In order for the us to process your request as quickly as possible, at the lowest possible cost, your request must:
- be made in writing
- state that you are seeking information in accordance with the FOI Act
- provide enough information for us to clearly identify the scope of your request, the time periods your request falls under and the category of documents sought. i.e. reports, minutes, emails etc.
- specify an address (either email or physical) so that we can correspond with you about your request.
Although not a requirement under the FOI Act, you may also wish to provide a phone number to make it easier for us to consult with you about your request.
No form is necessary, but the sample application form provided by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet is a useful guide to the matters that should be addressed in your FOI application.
FOI requests should be sent to:
FOI Officer, Wine Australia, PO Box 2733 KENT TOWN 5071
Or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Freedom of Information disclosure log
The FOI Act requires us to keep a disclosure log on our website. The disclosure log lists disclosures of information that have been released in response to freedom of information requests in the past . Generally, Wine Australia will make this information available for public access for 12 months, after which it can be requested.
Information is published on the disclosure log between one and 10 days after it is released to the FOI applicant.
The information listed may be obtained by writing to Wine Australia. A charge may be imposed to reimburse for the cost incurred in copying or reproducing the information or sending it to you.
Wine Australia disclosure log
|Reference number ||Date released to applicant ||Summary of FOI request received ||Summary of documents released (And whether released in full or in part) ||Other information |
|AGWA180915 ||15 October 2015 ||Export documentation || |
- Documentation pertaining to the relevant exporter and submitted via Wine Australia's Wine Export Approval System; and
- documents relating to export permits issued to the relevant exporter.
|The information was released on the grounds that the applicant had been nominated as a qualified person by the relevant exporter |
|AGWA051216 ||23 December 2016 ||Documents relating to: |
- the current Freedom of Information Delegations; and
- any related directions issued in respect of Freedom of Information.
|All relevant documents released in full including: |
- An email thread relating to Freedom of Information delegations
- An instrument of delegation confirming the authority arrangement with respect FOI requests made to Wine Australia
- A copy of Wine Australia's Freedom of Information Policy
Information publication plan
We are required to publish a broad range of information on our website under the FOI Act, including a plan showing how we propose to implement the Information Publication Scheme.
Our Information Publication Plan can be found here