The Asian Emerging Markets Roadshow will act as a valuable forum giving participating wineries the opportunity to share their brands with wine importers, wholesaler, distributors and trade media.
The program will also involve wine education, tastings, trade and media networking events and briefings by Austrade’s in-market business development managers in charge of the wine industry.
This new program presented by Wine Australia and its in-market partner Austrade aims to shine a light on some of South East Asia’s developing countries, and help Australian wine businesses break into new markets.
Market insights show solid growth in exports in many of these countries and opportunities to discover new business partnerships and increase market share. For example, Australian wine export to Thailand grew by 39 per cent to $21 million as MAT September 2017.
The Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Sri Lanka are all becoming more cosmopolitan, with domestic intrigue and demand growing for international food and wine.
With much attention historically placed on North East Asia (Japan, China and Hong Kong), Wine Australia is looking at these markets and is gauging interest from wine businesses which are keen to explore export opportunities in these markets.
In-market briefings will provide further insights about the market realities and nuances, regulations, re-exports, consumer wine consumption and sales channels so participating wineries are well informed to make decisions about export potential and a marketing strategy for each country.
The Asian Emerging Markets Roadshow 2018 proposed dates and locations:
- Monday, 24 September 2018 – Manila, The Philippines
- Wednesday, 26 September 2018 – Bangkok, Thailand
- Friday, 28 September 2018 – Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Monday, 1 October 2018 – Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (optional)
- Tuesday 2 October 2018 – Hanoi, Vietnam (optional)
- Sold as tables only.
- Up to three tables per company can be purchased.
- 10 SKUs max. per table.
- Wineries must participate in The Philippines and Thailand plus Sri Lanka or Vietnam. Please note that participation in Vietnam is open only to existing brands in market.
|Participants ||Participation is open only to wine producers as well as agents, distributors or exporters working directly with the winery/ies |
|Audience || |
Wine importers, wholesaler, distributors and trade media.
|Cost || |
$1,600 ex. GST (Per table, per country. Min. three country commitment).
Travel, incidentals and wine logistics are at the participants’ expense.
Expressions of Interest
- Expressions of Interest opened on 30 November 2017.
- Expressions of Interest will close on 31 May 2018.
> Register your interest in this event
The event was promoted to Australian wine businesses from this date via the Wine Australia website, marketing newsletters and regional communications.