The annual China Roadshow, presented by Wine Australia is now in its sixth consecutive year. As an integral part of Wine Australia’s new Greater China marketing strategy, the 2018 China Roadshow aims to further drive awareness and increase export sales of Australian wine.
Proving to be a powerful platform to link Australian wine brands with influential Chinese importers, distributors, wholesalers and media, we are excited to once again host this showcase and networking program.
Taking place from 4-11 June 2018, just four days after Vinexpo Hong Kong, Australian and Chinese wine business will come together and participate in this important commercial program.
For Australian wine brands, the 2018 China Roadshow will afford them the opportunity to:
- Network with important Chinese importers and media, generating genuine and valuable business leads
- Tell their wine story, whilst helping drive category and country awareness of Australian wine in China
- Showcase premium Australian wines, both existing in the Mainland China market or new-to-market
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of China’s retail landscape and business culture
- Participate in traditional and new media opportunities, helping further promote Australian wine
The 2018 roadshow will once again visit three Tier 2 cities (Shenyang, Jinan and Wuhan) and one Tier 1 city, and China’s business capital, Shanghai. Wine Australia and its partners aim to attract some 3,300 delegates in 2018, from importers, distributors, wholesalers, sommeliers, buyers, media, influencers, and VIP consumers.
The program of activity is curated to drive long term export sales to China and includes:
- A free-pour tasting exhibition, allowing brands to engage one-on-one with important and influential delegates
- Delegate educational masterclasses, tastings and seminars
- Local market briefings, tours and workshops with regional business experts
- Peripheral networking activities – full program to be announce in early 2018
This China program will also be supported by the additional of public relations, influencer outreach, social media, and media partnerships to ensure we are reaching further with our message and offering of premium Australian wines.
2018 China Roadshow dates and locations:
- Mon 4 June - Shenyang
- Wed 6 June - Jinan
- Fri 8 June - Wuhan
- Mon 11 June - Shanghai
The timing of this roadshow coincides with Vinexpo Hong Kong 2018.
If you are trade or media and are interested in attending one of the free China Roadshow events in June 2018, please register your application via this form and a member of the Wine Australia team will be in touch in early 2018.
Registrations to participate closed on 22 November 2017.
Expressions of Interest and Registrations for this event opened on 23 October 2017. The event was promoted to Australian wine businesses from this date via the Wine Australia website, marketing newsletters, Exporter Update forum and Regional communications.
For advice on future event opportunities in China, contact Willa Yang.