The annual China Roadshow, presented by Wine Australia, will celebrate its sixth year in 2018 and – with the support of the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package (the $50m Package) – the event is shaping up to be bigger than ever.
Commencing on 4 June, just four days after Vinexpo Hong Kong, the roadshow connects Australian wine exhibitors with influential Chinese importers, distributors, wholesalers and media to drive awareness and increase export sales of Australian wine.
For the Australian wine brands participating in the China Roadshow 2018, this program will afford them the opportunity to:
- network with important Chinese importers and media, generating genuine and valuable business leads
- tell their wine story, while helping drive category awareness of Australian wine in China
- showcase premium Australian wines, both current brands in the mainland China market or new-to-market brands
- cultivate a deeper understanding of China’s retail landscape and business culture, and
- participate in traditional and new media opportunities, helping further promote Australian wine.
The 2018 Roadshow will once again visit three Tier 2 cities (Shenyang, Jinan and Wuhan) and one Tier 1 city (and China’s business capital) Shanghai. Wine Australia and its partners aim to attract more than 3,000 delegates in 2018, from importers, distributors, wholesalers, sommeliers, buyers, media, influencers and VIP consumers.
The program of activity is curated to drive long-term export sales to China and includes:
- a free-pour tasting exhibition, allowing brands to engage one-on-one with important and influential delegates
- delegate educational masterclasses, tastings and seminars, and
- peripheral networking activities – full program to be announced soon.
This China program will be supported by the addition of public relations, influencer outreach, social media and media partnerships to ensure we are reaching further with our message and offering of premium Australian wines.
More information for exhibitors