The annual China Roadshow, presented by Wine Australia is now in its seventh year. As an integral part of Wine Australia’s China marketing strategy, the 2019 China Roadshow aims to further drive awareness of Australian wine, the brands within the category, and fundamentally increase export sales to the powerhouse region.
Wine Australia will host the largest Australian grand tasting roadshow, giving China’s influential media and trade the opportunity to discover some of our country’s finest wines, as well as new wines to watch. The roadshow’s key objective is to help Australian wine businesses connect with Chinese trade partners, and create genuine sales leads in this fast-growing market.
First-tier city events will include a buyer tasting, a general trade tasting and a public tasting, as well as several exclusive masterclasses delivered by prominent Australian and Chinese wine commentators and educators. Second-tier city events will include a buyer tasting, a general trade tasting and several educational classes.
For Australian wine brands, the China Roadshow 2019 will provide the opportunity to:
- Network with important Chinese importers and media, generating proven and valuable business leads
- Tell their wine story, whilst helping drive category and country awareness of Australian wine in China
- Showcase premium Australian wines, both existing in the China market or new-to-market
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of China’s retail landscape and business culture
- Participate in traditional and new media opportunities, helping further promote Australian wine
Wine Australia and its partners aim to attract some 3,300 visitors in 2019, from importers, distributors, wholesalers, sommeliers, buyers, media, influencers, and VIP consumers.
This China program of activity will also be supported by Chinese and Australian public relations campaigns, influencer outreach, social media, and media partnerships to ensure we are reaching further with our message and offering of premium Australian wines to the rest of the world.
Expressions of Interest
The China Roadshow 2019 will be held in May 2019 over approximately 10 days. Exact dates are to be confirmed in the coming months.
For now, Wine Australia is asking wine brands to lodge their interest in participating in this marketing activity. All Expressions of Interest (EOI) will then be reviewed by Wine Australia to ensure each participating exhibitor meets criteria for participation. Once approved, you will be contacted to formally register your business. Full payment of the participation fee will be required at this time.
Expressions of Interest open: 17 April 2018
Expression of Interest close: 31 August 2018
Participant registration opens: September 2018
Payment received by: TBC
This event will be promoted to Australian wine businesses from 17 April 2018 via the Wine Australia website, marketing newsletters and regional communications.
|Participants || |
- Brands (new to market)
- Brands (existing in market)
- Regional body can organise a group of exhibitors to exhibit in the show to showcase the regional branding.
- States: State can organise a group of exhibitors to exhibit in the show.
|Audience || |
- On-premise trade
- Off-premise trade
- Importers and distributors
|Cost (AUD ex GST) ||$4500.00 (to be confirmed) |
Register your interest in this event