Program 4 of the Australian Government’s $50m Export and Regional Wine Support Package (the $50m Package) includes a $0.5 million investment in the cider industry to transform Australian cider businesses. The program will support cider producers to expand their export capability by establishing a brand proposition and a strategy to market Australian cider internationally.
Wine Australia is working with Cider Australia and other key stakeholders to deliver the following outcomes, with the support of external consultants:
- a thorough understanding of the potential export markets for Australian cider, including the channels to market that provide the best return
- a compelling brand proposition that can be leveraged by Australian cider producers
- a go-to-market (GTM) strategy that can be utilised effectively by the majority of producers to access export destinations, and
- strategy that can be utilised effectively by the majority of producers to access export destinations, and
- an easy to access toolkit that provides the necessary information to enable a producer to successfully export, including the export analysis, brand and GTM collateral.
The program is designed to provide the following outcomes for Australian cider producers:
- industry support of the brand and strategy
- increase the number of producers exporting from 7 to 20, and
- increase export revenue from $16.5m to $20m by 2019-20.