About the report
The Japanese Market Intelligence Resource for South Australian Wine Businesses has been developed to help South Australian wine businesses determine what export markets may be right for them and undertake sufficient preparation before entering new markets successfully. The report aims to provide market insights, tips and tools that can enable individual South Australian wineries to achieve export growth.
Although it has been developed for South Australian wine businesses, it is freely available to all wine exporters.
The report summarises:
- The Japanese market profile,
- Japanese consumer profile,
- Doing business in Japan, and
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic affected the market
There are additional resources including:
- How to conduct a wine tasting in Japan
- Traditional Japanese food and wine pairings
- Links to case studies and online resources
The Japanese Market Intelligence Resource for South Australian Wine Businesses has been developed by the South Australian Wine Industry Association (SAWIA) as part of its Emerging Markets Program, with assistance and funding from the Government of South Australia's Department of Trade and Investment. The report and more information can be found on the SAWIA website.