Wine Australia’s Market Explorer can help determine which market is the most attractive to an Australian wine business by providing information on how much wine is consumed in different markets, where Australia exports wine to and what share of that consumption is Australian wine.
If you are looking to start exporting Australian wine overseas and want data to inform your decision, then Market Explorer is a great place to start. By bringing together several datasets relevant to exporting Australian wine, this online learning and research tool is there to assist potential and current Australian wine exporters with their strategic business planning decisions.
About the tool
The Market Explorer has several dashboards that present information in an easy, user-friendly and interactive manner. The ‘Explore Markets’ dashboards provide the answers to key questions such as: Which markets drink the most wine? Other questions include:
- How does the average wine price per bottle compare across markets?
- Which markets consume the most imported wine?
- What is the share of on versus off-premise in each market?
- How much wine consumed in each market is premium?
- What is wine’s share of the total alcohol market?
- Where is Australian wine exported to – and by wine style and GI region label claim?
- Where is Australian wine exported to – and by price points?
There are other helpful dashboards available including:
- Key wine statistics summarised for selected market
- Wine market ranking by key consumer demand and export indicators
- Comparing wine markets based on several key measures, and
- More advanced dashboards that help identify new product or new market opportunities – based on current Australian wine export data.
The Market Explorer has been designed as an entry point to refining which wine markets are most attractive for a business. Building on the data provided, there are individual market reports and export guides that provide more information on consumer behaviour, routes to market etc.
How to use the tool
If assistance is required when it comes to using the Market Explorer, there are ‘how to’ videos available on the Market Explorer intro page or you can contact us on 08 8228 2000 or email@example.com