The Wine Australia Strategic Plan 2015-2020 outlines our key investment priorities in research and development (R&D), marketing, disseminating knowledge, encouraging adoption and protecting the reputation of Australian wine.
These investments are guided by the Australian grape and wine community’s priorities. Our Strategic Plan was developed following extensive consultation with grapegrowers, winemakers, sector bodies, government and other key stakeholders.
Our goal is a prosperous Australian grape and wine community and we have two priorities:
- increasing demand and the premium paid for all Australian wine, and
- increasing competitiveness.
The Wine Australia Strategic Plan 2015-2020: At a glance provides a high-level summary of our Strategic Plan.
We appreciate the time that Australian grape and wine community members took to consider our Discussion paper and provide feedback. To ensure that those who made a submission understand how their submission helped to shape the final Strategic Plan, the Wine Australia Strategic Plan 2015-2020: Feedback summary outlines how feedback was incorporated into the Strategic Plan.
We will shortly begin consultation to develop our next five-year Strategic Plan for 2020–25. As detailed in this Consultation Plan, we will be consulting widely to:
- allow key stakeholder groups to have input into Wine Australia’s strategic direction
- facilitate discussion about current performance and possible future states for Australian grape and wine production and wine export
- align strategic planning to pursue shared aspirations
- ensure a targeted and balanced investment portfolio approach during 2020–25 across issues of critical national importance as well as sectoral or jurisdictional stakeholder priorities.
Annual Operational Plan
Our Wine Australia Annual Operational Plan 2018-19 details our planned activities, intended outcomes and measures of success for the fourth year of our Strategic Plan.
We will invest in R&D, building markets, sharing knowledge, encouraging adoption and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. We will help build demand for all Australian wine by focusing on our most exceptional wines.
We will strive to be nimble and responsive to the changing needs of the Australian grape and wine community. We will review our operations regularly to ensure we are as cost-effective as possible, delivering the maximum value to our stakeholders and levy payers.
Annual Operating Plan ($50m Package)
There is a separate Annual Operating Plan 2018-19 (AOP) for the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package (the $50m Package), which outlines:
- the strategic context for the delivery of each of the four programs
- further detail of the activities planned for delivery in 2018-19
- budgets and projected timelines, and
- details of the Package governance framework.