Australia currently has over 2000 wine exporters sending tens of thousands of different wines to 111 destinations worldwide. Go straight to report listing
The export dashboard provides interactive and comprehensive data and insights on Australian wine exports back to 2010. It provides headline figures for the latest release of data, as well as detailed statistics on wine exports by destination market, GI claim, variety, wine style, container type, and exporter size. All de-identified data can be downloaded in Excel form, while the dashboard can also be downloaded to PDF.
EXPLORE EXPORT DASHBOARD
Overview: Australian wine – one of our most successful export products
- Total value and volume of wine exports declined in financial year 2020–21
- This was due mainly to a decline in exports to mainland China plus the cumulative effects of three consecutive lower vintages on available volume
- Average price per litre for bottled wine and unpackaged wine both increased
- Excluding mainland China, both the value and volume of exports increased
- Destinations to record double-digit value growth included the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Malaysia, Thailand and Taiwan
- Exports to the United States of America declined as the COVID-19 surge in off-trade sales evident last year dissipated
- China negatively affected total value of bottled Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon exports, but the average price (FOB) for both increased to financial year records
To explore the export data yourself, please view the export report or visit the Export Dashboard.
Conditions of use for access to Wine Export Data
Access to and use of this data is subject to these terms and conditions. By using the data, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.