Forms and templates

WALAS and form changes

From June 8 Wine Australia has introduced a new licensing and application system WALAS, which increases the number of activities exporters can complete online 24 x7. 

As a result of this change the number of manual forms has been changed significantly. 

In particular freight and shipping companies should note that shipping exemptions should now be completed online. For details please read the information for Freight and shipping logistics agencies here

View and download forms

Chrome users may need to enter chrome://plugins/ into their address bar to disable Chrome PDF Viewer and Enable Adobe Reader.

Firefox users may need to edit their inbuilt PDF viewer. In Firefox select Options: Applications. Select 'Use Adobe Reader (default)'.



Exporters must submit a Shipping Application via the Wine Australia Licensing and Application System (WALAS) for each consignment of wine leaving Australia that is in excess of 100 litres. The application includes all shipping details and a list of products with their Continuing Approval Numbers. If the export complies with all requirements, Wine Australia will issue an Export Permit Number. The permit number is required to obtain the EDN (Export Declaration Number) from the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service. 

Shipping Exemptions 

The Regulations allow for specific exemptions to the general conditions of export under legislated circumstances. Exporters are exempt from the requirement to be licensed and register their products when one of the following conditions is met: 

  • Shipments under 100 litres – defined as a consignment made up of 1 exporter, or 1 or more related exporters; on 1 ship or aircraft; to a single port of discharge; whether or not to 1 consignee; 
  • Contained in the personal luggage of a traveller; 
  • For the household of an individual who is moving house; 
  • For display at a trade fair or comparable event; 
  • For a scientific or technical purpose; 
  • For diplomatic or consular establishments as part of the duty free allowance of the establishment; 
  • For victualling supplies that are held on board a means of international transport; 
  • Commercial samples for a prospective buyer. 

A Shipping Exemption request needs to be submitted via WALAS in order to obtain an Export Permit. Exporters may need to supply supporting documentation including a Commercial Invoice/ Purchase Order etc. 

Those seeking a one-off exemption may contact for assistance. 

This content is restricted to wine exporters and levy-payers. Some reports are available for purchase to non-levy payers/exporters.

Levy payers/exporters
Non-levy payers/exporters
Find out more

This content is restricted to wine exporters and levy-payers. Some reports are available for purchase to non-levy payers/exporters.