Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it. With the vision for Australia to be recognised as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer, Wine Australia and its dynamic team play a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this through global marketing, managing research and development, and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. Wine Australia is the service body for the Australian grape and wine sector.
Wine Australia invests heavily in communicating and sharing knowledge and information about its activities and news around the globe. This role will be based in our Shanghai office and will be key in developing and delivering the Global Communication Strategy across China. Working closely with the Global Communications and Social Marketing team in Sydney and Adelaide, this role will ensure optimum coverage for all activities and news relevant to Wine Australia operations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deepening the relationship and connection with key stakeholders in the respective PR and Communication units
- Managing Wine Australia social media accounts (such as WeChat and Weibo)
- Pro-actively managing the database of highly respected and relevant media contacts and nurturing and developing the contacts as necessary
- Developing and enhancing communication about Australian wine across multiple platforms in China, so that Wine Australia is acknowledged by the sector as ‘best in class’ for media engagement
- Preparing, reviewing and distributing media materials, such as dual language e-newsletters, export statistic reporting, media releases and website content
- Developing and implementing Public Relations campaigns that leverage and amplify Wine Australia market development initiatives and events
- Undertaking daily monitoring of media coverage and share reporting with the global team
You will be:
- University educated
- Chinese national with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including fluency in English and reasoning capability
- Self-motivated, have attention to detail, be outgoing, a team player and willing to travel
- An active user and comfortable/very familiar with Chinese social media communication
You will have:
- At least 3–5 years’ experience in communication and media-related management
- Recent experience in an MNC or foreign government organisation in China, especially engaged in media management and PR
- A strong understanding of the Chinese social media landscape
- An interesting/creative writing style – especially relevant for social media postings
- The ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects; managing conflicts and working to tight deadlines.
- Some understanding/appreciation of the Chinese wine market would be an advantage.
Please send your cover letter and resumé detailing your suitability for this role by email to email@example.com.