Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it. With the vision for Australia to be recognised as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer, Wine Australia and its dynamic team play a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this through global marketing, managing research and development, and protecting the reputation of Australian wine. Wine Australia is the service body for the Australian grape and wine sector.
We currently have a vacancy for a Social Marketing Manager in our Sydney office. This role is for a creative forward thinker who has a passion for social media and understands how ideas are brought to life and enhanced through social channels. In this role you’ll develop and implement Wine Australia’s global social strategy across our corporate and consumer channels.
With an understanding of SEO, the Social Marketing Manager will optimise and customise all content to ensure maximum appeal and engagement with our various audiences online.
- Development of the B2B and B2C social media strategy and schedule
- Working collaboratively with key internal teams to ensure the social content plan delivers the social and content strategy
- Working with Brand, Design, Content Production, Corporate Affairs and external agency partners to create high-end social content
- Write, edit and curate content to support our corporate and consumer channels – repurposing content into new forms to expand reach and engagement
- Social Management of and advocating for our corporate and consumer brands. Monitoring and responding to channel engagements, in liaison with Corporate Affairs where required.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, communication, engagement, methods and campaigns
- Work on an optimisation plan, to ensure all social media profiles are well optimised, highly visible and can be found to relevant target personas
- Develop, maintain and implement the social content calendar
- Ensure communication is relevant, targeted and timely for various trade and consumer audiences.
We are seeking applicants with tertiary qualifications in marketing or communication and demonstrated experience in managing social marketing communication for a minimum of four years. You will also have:
- Management of branded content schedules and planning for both long- and short-form content across digital channels
- Community management experience
- Growth and engagement of audiences (B2B and B2C) on social media channels
- Experience in copywriting and content editing and management of content writers
- Familiarity with social scheduling platforms like Sprout Social and Hootsuite
- Good knowledge of SEO, Google analytics and gathering useful social media insights that can be actioned for brand and community growth
- Understanding of the Chinese social media landscape with experience of WeChat and Weibo is desirable
- Experience in wine or alcohol category desirable but not essential.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter and any relevant examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.