The Australian Government has released the guidelines for the $50m Export and Regional Wine Support Package Wine Export Grants, prior to applications opening on 2 January 2018.
The grant program has $1 million of funding for small and medium wine businesses to claim reimbursement for specific export promotion expenses incurred on or after 1 January 2018.
Applicants can make a claim of up to AU$25,000 for 50 per cent of eligible expenses related to promotion of their wine product for export to China, Hong Kong, Macau and/or the USA. The grants will be accessed on a first come, first served basis.
Administered by Wine Australia, the Wine Export Grants are a component of the $50m Package which aims to grow the Australian wine sector by driving demand for wine exports and showcasing Australia’s wine tourism to the world.
‘The grants will give small and medium wine businesses more capacity to market their wines overseas’, Wine Australia Chief Executive Officer Andreas Clark said.
‘Australia’s wine exports have experienced significant growth over the past 12 months and we want to see this momentum continue.
‘By contributing to the cost of travel, marketing and advertising, trade fairs and in-store promotions, by way of reimbursement, these grants will encourage new and existing wine exporters to secure distribution in these markets’, Mr Clark said.
A key objective of the Wine Export Grants is to increase the collective wine export value of grant recipients by 7–8 per cent per annum by 2019–20.
Key facts about the Wine Export Grants
- A reimbursement grant offered to small and medium wine businesses looking to export (or already exporting) to China, Hong Kong, Macau and/or the USA.
- Businesses can claim reimbursement of up to AU$25,000 for 50 per cent of specific export promotion expenses incurred on or after 1 January 2018
- Businesses must have an aggregated turnover of less than AU$20 million and export turnover of less than AU$5 million during the financial year immediately preceding their application.
- A business can only claim once.
- A business can only claim expenses that haven’t been funded or reimbursed by a third party other than Wine Australia.
- The grant program is capped AU$1 million, to be accessed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligible activities may include expenses related to promotional activity (costs of travel, participation at trade fairs, marketing etc.) incurred in China, Hong Kong, Macau and/or the USA.
Find out more information about the Wine Export Grants. Applications open Tuesday 2 January 2018.