In response to market demand and renewed interest in the quality and diversity of the wines being produced in Australian regions, Wine Australia is continuing its successful Market Entry Program.
Continuing in FY 20 - 21, Wine Australia will provide services designed to educate you about the intricacies of the US market (compliance, marketing, pricing and logistics) as well as assisting you in securing importation.
Please refer to Terms & Conditions prior to registering. Online registration assumes that the participant agrees to Wine Australia Terms & Conditions.
|Participants ||Wineries interested in entering, re-entering or expanding their presence in the US market |
|Audience ||Importers, trade, distributors and media |
|Cost (AUD) ex GST ||$12,500.00 |
- Twelve bottles of six pre-selected SKUs will be required to complete the Market Entry Program.
- Wineries will be responsible for the cost of shipping wine and any associated taxes/duties.
- Wineries will be responsible for any additional travel or expenses associated with the program.
Participation is subject to availability.
Exact activities for 2020 - 21 are subject to change dependant on participation numbers and opportunities arising after print.
The South Australian State Government, through the Department for Trade and Investment has committed to support South Australian producers and winery representatives to participate in the US Market Entry Program, funding 50% of the cost of the Market Entry Program fees for FY20/21. Find out more here.
What and how
Download US Market Entry 20-21 Program overview presentation
The program provides in-market support to wineries interested in entering or re-entering the US market. It also provides in depth brand strategy support to wineries ready to move commercially in the market. Activities include:
- Wine sample importation, compliance and logistics.
- US market information and guidance.
- Public relations and communications to trade and media including wine scoring and review in conjunction with Wine Enthusiast Magazine (wineries must NOT have a current US importer to participate in the Wine Enthusiast program).
- Participation in a dedicated US-based importer visit open only to those participants in the USA Market Entry Program.
- Brand exposure via a dedicated e-mail blast to importers, distributors, and trade.
- Offer guidance regarding pricing and margin expectations in the US market.
- Facilitation of meetings between winery and importer. This includes Wine Australia set up and participation in meetings with US-based importers.
- Set up and participation in meetings with US-based importers at Prowein 2021 in Germany (for those wineries attending).
- Individualised support services to review brand strategy, market opportunities, pricing and pitch preparation/support/assistance/follow-up.
Wine Australia offers guidance and marketing support in communications, import logistics and trade outreach, to assist entry-to-market and brand exposure needs.
Collaboration with importer brokers, media outlets and key trade and media contacts will be a central focus of the Market Entry Program in 2020 - 21. Shared costs within the Market Entry Program will allow wineries to obtain visibility, and trade and media activities for a fraction of the cost than if working alone.
Note: Wine Australia will not negotiate pricing or other winery proprietary business information. Wine Australia provides exposure and facilitation assistance only.
Wineries select up to six SKUs to feature.
Wineries are guaranteed a comprehensive introduction to the US market, utilising shared trade, agency, and media resources.
- Market strategy: Simplify brand and pricing strategy ensuring your winery is competitively positioned for the US market.
- Trade exposure: identify and target suitable import and distribution partners and facilitate subsequent meetings.
- Importer Market Visit: meet with a diverse set of importers in Australia who are interested in expanding their Australian portfolio.
- A full assessment of your route to market options via the three tiered system, alternate routes to market or a combination of both of them.
- Wine Australia USA Market Entry attendance at Prowein and other major industry events to support importer meeting facilitation (cost of attending the event is not included the Market Entry fee)
What does success look like?
- Provide wineries the knowledge and confidence to be self-sufficient in the US market.
- Development of in-depth US market strategy.
- Routes to market, go to market strategy, pricing, programming and compliance.
- Facilitate customer meetings, with the goal of securing long term importer partnerships by the end of the program duration.
- Give wineries options to choose the distribution strategy that is right for their needs.