In its eighth year, the Wine Australia China Awards again recognised companies and individuals, who have been contributing to growth, demand, education and marketing of Australian wine in China.
The Wine Australia China Awards provide the key partners in the Chinese Australian wine sector with a platform to celebrate and showcase the quality, creativity and innovation behind Australian wine. The event aims to drive excitement, engagement and education about the Australian wine category by engaging with key influencers amongst trade, media and consumers.
The 8th annual Wine Australia China Awards took place in Shanghai on 9 November 2020 with an award ceremony and gala dinner.
Wine Australia adapted some marketing activities due to the complexities associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result of limited on-premise activity this year, we have adjusted some of the award categories and added a new prestigious award, Honorary Australian Wine Advocate.
Entries and voting for this year’s China Awards closed on 17 August. To learn more about each award, please click the links below.
- Best Australian Wine Promotion Online sponsored by McLaren Vale Grape Wine & Tourism Association
- Best Australian Wine Promotion Off-Premise sponsored by Hellmann Worldwide Logistics
- Outstanding Feature Story on Australian Wine sponsored by Summergate Fine Wine & Spirits (A Woolworths Group Limited Company)
- Australian Wine Communicator of the Year sponsored by Tourism Australia
- Honorary Australian Wine Advocate sponsored by Coles
The four award winners received a trophy and a certificate as well as 12 bottles of hand selected premium Australian wine and a luxury wine fridge.
The winner of the Honorary Australian Wine Advocate received a selection of some of the finest Australian wines, chosen from the Outstanding and Exceptional tiers of the Langton’s Classification.
The Wine Australia China Awards 2020 was supported by the Australian Government's $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package.