Wine Australia hosts over 140 International and domestic wine trade, influencers and media participants as part of the visits program each year.
Visits provide an invaluable opportunity for participants to experience Australia's wine regions first hand, discover our premium wine offering and the diversity of styles and varieties on offer.
Wine Australia works closely with key market importers, distributors and retailers to identify influential wine trade, media and educators to invite to Australia. Our selection is determined by the potential commercial outcome of a visit and the visitor's ability to influence perceptions of Australian wine though new listings, media coverage and education.
We work closely with visitors to identify what they're excited by and passionate about and the regions, varieties, wine styles and brands that interest them. Wine Australia partners with state and regional associations, tourism and trade organisations to develop tailored itineraries that deliver truly exciting and memorable experiences.
Wine Australia maintains strong relationships with all visitors to continue growing advocacy for Australian wine once they return home.
If you are interested in taking part in the Wine Australia Visits program please select the contact us button on the right hand side of the page and send us an email.
April Visits 2018
China Vintage Trip
- Thirteen wine trade and media participants from China visited Australia. The visit included a NSW Cool Climate Wine structured tasting featuring wines from Canberra, Mudgee, Orange and Tumbarumba; a Sydney Royal Wine Show tasting and visits to New South Wales, Victorian and South Australian wine regions. (Dates: 8 – 16 April 2018).
Hong Kong Watsons Trip
- Eight Watsons Hong Kong staff visited regions in Western Australia, South Australia and Victorian wine regions. (Dates: 9 – 18 April 2018).
US Trade Trip
- A group of eight US Sommeliers visited regions in Victoria and South Australia in the lead up to Decanted in July 2018. The visit also included a NSW & ACT inspired tasting with Hunter, Orange, Canberra and New England wines represented. (Dates: 15 – 25 April 2018)
China Trade Trip
- Two Chinese lifestyle media visited the Barossa and Mornington Peninsula, following their trip to Adelaide to attend Tourism Australia’s, Australian Tourism Exchange. (Dates: 20 – 23 April 2018).
US Wine Trade
- US Wine Journalist visiting requested South Australian Wine Regions. (Dates: 29 April – 11 May 2018).
May Visits 2018