The objective of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is to support wine producers who add value by attracting visitors to wine regions, and thereby encourage wine tourism.
What do applicants get?
Wine producers who have met the eligibility criteria in the preceding financial year will be able to access an annual grant of up to $100,000 (GST exclusive) for their eligible rebatable domestic cellar door sales. Total funding under the grant program will be capped at $10 million each financial year.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- be a wine producer
- be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable* wine the relevant financial year
- accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year, and
- have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year.
*rebatable wine relates to wine or a sale that is eligible for producer rebates as described under Division 19 of A New Tax System (Wine Equalisation Tax) Act 1999.
When do applications open?
Applications for round 1 (2018–19 financial year) will open on 1 July 2019 and will close at 5.00pm ACST on 30 September 2019.
Before applying for this grant, ensure you have:
It’s suggested that you review the FAQs (updated 3 May 2019) first if you have any questions.
How to apply
Applications for round 1 can be made online via Wine Australia’s grants portal until ACST 30 September 2019. The online application will open on 1 July 2019.
You must first register in the portal before you will be able to commence an application. If you have already registered in the Enquire portal for previous grant rounds (i.e. the Wine Export Grant), you will not need to complete a new registration.
For instructions on how to register in the Enquire portal please follow the Applicant Registration User Guide.
For assistance with your application, please phone Wine Australia on (08) 8228 2000 or email email@example.com
Things to note:
- Our frequently asked questions (updated 3 May 2019)are updated regularly to reflect questions received regarding the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grants.
- For an application to be valid it must be accompanied by all of the required supporting documentation.