The objective of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is to support wine producers who add value by attracting visitors to wine regions, and thereby encourage wine tourism.
What do applicants get?
Wine producers who have met the eligibility criteria in the preceding financial year will be able to access an annual grant of up to $100,000 (GST exclusive) for their eligible rebatable domestic cellar door sales. Total funding under the grant program will be capped at $10 million each financial year.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- be a wine producer
- be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable* wine the relevant financial year
- accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year, and
- have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year.
*rebatable wine relates to wine or a sale that is eligible for producer rebates as described under Division 19 of A New Tax System (Wine Equalisation Tax) Act 1999.
When do applications open?
Applications for round 1 (2018–19 financial year) opened on 1 July 2019 and closed at 5.00pm ACST on 30 September 2019.
How to apply
Applications for round 1 closed on 30 September 2019. Opening dates for round 2 will be advised soon.