As the Aussies and Kiwis are good mates, we collaborated together for the first time in the UK on an exciting, virtual event to showcase our wonderful Chardonnays.
As well as fine wine, great food and stunning scenery, there’s something else that connects Australia and New Zealand: the cold Southern Ocean, also known as the Antarctic Ocean.
Explore the cooling influence of the ocean and learn more about fresh, elegant cool climate Chardonnays from Australia’s Mornington Peninsula, Geelong and Tasmania and New Zealand’s Marlborough, Nelson and North Canterbury regions.
Hosted by Natasha Hughes MW for Australia and Ronan Sayburn MS for New Zealand, this was a fascinating discussion of the regions and unique wine styles, as well as winemaking and climatic influences.
Watch the replay to discover more about these beautiful maritime-influenced regions and their racy, complex, age-worthy Chardonnays.
Natasha and Ronan tasted and talked about these six wines during the webinar:
- Kooyong Wines Clonale Chardonnay 2018, Mornington Peninsula, Australia
- Ghost Rock Wines Bonadale Chardonnay 2018, Tasmania, Australia
- Bannockburn Vineyards Chardonnay 2019, Geelong, Australia
- Villa Maria Estate Single Vineyard Taylors Pass Chardonnay 2018, Marlborough, New Zealand
- Neudorf Vineyards Rosie's Block Moutere Chardonnay 2019, Nelson, New Zealand
- Black Estate Home Chardonnay 2019, North Canterbury, New Zealand