This program seeks to build the capability and capacity of regional wine producers, wineries and cider producers to capture export and tourism opportunities, both in terms of export readiness and developing wine tourism products and services.
Information on how businesses can become export and tourism ready will be delivered through regional education forums, presentations, an online toolkit and access to detailed market analysis data.
The program will commence with a review of existing education and support services, to identify any major gaps between current offerings and sector needs.
Objectives of the program include:
- encouraging wineries, cider producers and tourism organisations to make a change in their business that will increase exports and international tourism
- enabling an additional 30 wineries to begin and sustain exports to China, and
- working in conjunction with the targeted China and USA marketing campaigns to:
- increase the value of wine exports to China and the USA, and
- increase the number of and/or spend by international tourists in wine regions.
|Analysis of existing education and support programs ||November 2017 |
|Phase 1 – planning and design of activities ||December 2017 – March 2018 |
|Phase 1 - implementation of activities commences ||April 2018 |
More information will be made available in the coming months. In the meantime, subscribe to keep up to date on the latest $50m Package news.