About the report
The Market Update report for the Nordic markets from September 2021 is a high-level overview of key Australian wine export markets Denmark, Finland, Sweden, and Norway. It pulls together information from various data sources to summarise the size of the opportunity and Australia’s current performance in these markets.
More detailed data on these markets can be found through Wine Australia’s Interactive Insights portal.
The report summarises, for each market:
- The economic recovery thus far post-COVID 19,
- Wine consumption trends by volume, value, and per capita,
- Unique market characteristics such as cross-border trade and re-exports,
- Wine imports, including Australia’s market share, and
- Australian export performance in the year ended June 2021, by volume, value, average value, and variety.
The report is prepared by Wine Australia based on a wide range of data sources including Wine Australia, the IWSR, Statista, the Nordic wine monopolies, Wine Intelligence and the International Monetary Fund.