Like all of us, Wine Australia is operating in a very dynamic environment with regard to COVID-19.
Above all, we are primarily concerned with the health and wellbeing of our employees and people in the grape and wine sector. Our decisions are guided by the advice of the Departments of Health and Foreign Affairs and Trade, and we are seeking to play our part in controlling the spread of COVID-19.
We have undertaken detailed contingency planning so that we can continue to provide key services to support the sector under various scenarios, especially with respect to export approvals and certification.
We understand that this is a very challenging time. Please be assured that we will be doing everything we can in the coming months to ensure that we can support the sector wherever possible.
Cath Oates, Deputy Chair Andreas Clark, CEO
Wine Australia’s Export Assistance Team is continuing to process export approvals as usual.
If you have any questions about export approvals, please email email@example.com
We ask that people collecting certificates from the Adelaide office follow the health advice of the Australian Government and exercise exemplary hygiene practises including hand washing, social distancing and staying at home if you are unwell.
Label Integrity Program
We will monitor compliance with the Label Integrity Program primarily through requests for records, rather than on-site inspections.
While we have postponed our face-to-face in-market activities, we are increasing our digital and social engagement. We are also increasing our retail promotion through on-line retailers.
We continue to encourage consumers and international trade to learn more about Australian wine through our Australian Wine Discovered education program.
We would love to engage with you through:
Where the current situation is adversely affecting research project or regional program activities, we ask our research partners to contact the relevant Program Manager or Dr Liz Waters.
People development and leadership programs
Where the current situation is adversely affecting activities, we ask our partners to contact Jo Hargreaves.
Export and Regional Wine Support Package projects
Where the current situation is adversely affecting project delivery, we ask our project partners to contact the Program Manager.
Australian Grape & Wine
Australian Grape & Wine is providing regular updates for the grape and wine sector.
Steps businesses can take
- Make sure you are following health and safety guidance from the Department of Health.
- Communicate what health and safety measures you are taking in your business to your customers and partners.
- The Department of Health has launched a national campaign to inform all Australians about the coronavirus. They have developed a range of resources for businesses to use, find out more here.
- The Australian, state and territory governments have announced a series of measures to support businesses and individuals during this difficult time. Find out more here.
- Look after your mental health and reach out if you need help or talk to someone at Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Wine sector update