The Victorian State Government, in conjunction with Wine Victoria, is supporting Victorian wine producers to participate in the 2019-20 US Market Entry Program.
The Victorian State Government has committed to funding 50% of the cost of the Market Entry Program for up to 7 eligible Victorian wine producers in the FY19/20 program.
Please refer to Terms & Conditions prior to registering. Online registration assumes that the participant agrees to Wine Australia Terms & Conditions.
This program is open to 7 x Victorian wineries interested in entering, re-entering or expanding their presence in the US market
Importers, trade, distributors and media
Cost (AUD) ex GST
$10,000.00 with $5,000 funding provided by State Government to successful applicants
- All applicants must be Victorian based wine companies. This financial support is not available to wine companies located outside of Victoria.
- Registrations will close on Friday 7th June, 2019.
- Winery size: Ability to ship a minimum of one 40’ container/year (roughly 1.2k 9-L cases) to the US market.
- Manpower commitment: Ongoing ability to visit the US market at least 2 times per year
- Financial commitment: Wineries committed to financially invest in the market long-term, including US-based sales resources
- Regional diversity: Final selection of candidates will be selected to demonstrate the diversity of Victorian wine regions, varietals and price points
- Quality metrics: James Halliday four and five-star wineries
- Pricing: Key volume tiers priced between A$5 – A$15/bottle (winery FOB), targeting the fastest-growing price tiers in the US market
- Stock: Twelve bottles of six SKUs will be required to complete the Market Entry Program
- Shipping: Wineries will be responsible for the cost of shipping wine and any associated taxes/duties
- Travel: Wineries will be responsible for any additional travel or expenses associated with the program
- Exact activities for 2019 - 20 are subject to change dependant on participation numbers and opportunities arising after print.
Victorian Winery Selection
Wine Australia will conduct a 30 min interview with each winery to select wineries who are most suitable for the market.